Jarom Yates is a counsel in the Restructuring Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on all areas of restructuring. Jarom has represented debtors, secured creditors, private equity funds, purchasers, franchisors, franchisees, landlords, unsecured creditor committees, equity holders, and trustees in all aspects of restructuring cases and adversary proceedings. Jarom has experience representing clients in a broad range of industries including E&P, oilfield services, healthcare, hospitality and lodging, retail, technology, construction, real estate, manufacturing, and agriculture. Jarom is licensed to practice in Texas and has represented clients in bankruptcy cases throughout Texas, as well as in various other jurisdictions throughout the country. Jarom is also fluent in Spanish and has experience representing clients in cross-border matters involving Mexico and other Latin American countries.
Selected Debtor Representations
- Represented TPP Acquisition, Inc. d/b/a The Picture People in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- Represented Forest Park Medical Center at Southlake in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- Represented Transcoastal Corp., an E&P company, and its affiliate in their prepackaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- Represented Houston Regional Sports Network L.P. in its Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case
- Represented Centennial Beverage Group, LLC in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- Represented Hardage Hotels, I, LLC and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
Selected Acquisition Representations
- Representation of a private equity fund as the DIP, Lender/Plan, Sponsor/Purchaser, of 49% of the equity interests in the reorganized Debtor in a Chapter 11 case in Delaware.
- Representation of a private equity fund, in its capacity as majority owner of the equity of seller, in the article 9 sale of the seller’s assets and in the fund’s investment in a minority stake in the purchaser.
- Representation of Kraco and its subsidiaries in the article 9 sales of its assets to two separate buyers and in the wind-down up to the implementation of an assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Representation of the board of directors of a privately held company in connection with its out of court restructuring, which resulted in ownership being transferred to its lender.
- Representation of a private equity backed lender to J&B, in connection with the enforcement of its rights under loans acquired from GE Capital.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with its investment in a publicly traded technology company through a prepackaged bankruptcy process.
- Represented private equity fund as stalking horse bidder in Chapter 11 case of oilfield services company.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with successful acquisition of assets in a § 363 sale.
Selected Secured Lender and Landlord Representations
- Represented secured lenders in connection with multiple construction and oilfield services cases
- Represented secured lender in connection with out-of-court restructuring of secured debt obligations of borrower franchisee operator of fast food chain
- Represented private equity fund in connection with litigation and out of court restructuring of secured debt obligations of borrower operator of over forty assisted living locations
- Represented secured lender in connection with Chapter 11 SARE bankruptcy
- Represented hedge funds in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of its borrower
- Represented multiple landlords in connection with lessee's Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- Represented landlord in connection with out of court restructuring of lessee’s lease obligations
- Represented international fast food chain in the bankruptcy of one of its franchisees
- Represented Midland Loan Services, a division of PNC Bank, National Association, as special servicer for an $825 million CMBS loan, in the Innkeepers USA Trust bankruptcy cases
Other Selected Representations
- Represented creditors in connection with the Chapter 15 case of a bit coin exchange
- Represented financial institution in connection with successful fraudulent transfer defense litigation
- Represented various clients in connection with preference defense litigation
- Represented multiple clients in connection with non-dischargeabiltity litigation
- Advise numerous clients on matters relating to the bankruptcy proceedings of their vendors, clients, and contract counterparties
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2022-2024
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, for Bankruptcy, 2015-2019
- “How Secure Are You? Secured Creditors in Commercial and Consumer Bankruptcies,” co-author, American Bankruptcy Institute, July 2016.
- “Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Tools and Tactics,” presenter, 38th Annual UT Corporate Counsel Institute, Dallas, TX, May 6, 2016.
- “Recent Developments in Second Lien Financings, Restructurings and Bankruptcies in the Oil Patch,” co-presenter, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, November 4, 2015.
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2009
B.A., Spanish Translation and English Literature, Brigham Young University, 2006
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partner Ian Peck has been honored by the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) for its representation of Tuesday Morning Corporation in its successful reorganization and emergence from Chapter 11. Haynes Boone received the 2021 Large Company Turnaround/Transaction of the Year Award. The TMA Turnaround and Transaction Awards, among the most well known in the r [...]