Shu Shu Wong is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the London office of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Her practice focuses on the oil and gas and renewables sectors. She has been involved in a range of international projects transactions, including major government projects, across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Prior to joining the firm, Shu Shu was an associate in the Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Projects Group of another leading international law firm in London. She spent six months on secondment in Beijing where she worked on various outbound investment projects involving Chinese state-owned enterprises and international energy companies.
- Advised an African government on its early oil pilot scheme and the proposed construction of a crude-oil pipeline.
- Advised a state-owned energy company in Bulgaria on a cross-border gas interconnector project, and its participation in an offshore LNG project in Greece.
- Advised a Norwegian owner and operator of floating production storage and offloading vessels on the development of an FPSO unit in offshore Brazil.
- Advised an independent power producer on the development of solar projects in California and South Africa.
- Advised an international energy and commodity trading company on its acquisition of participating interests in exploration blocks in Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana.
- Advised a leading global bank headquartered in Japan on its development funding arrangement with respect to an LNG project in Mexico.
- Advised one of China’s largest oil and gas producers and suppliers on its participation in an exploration block in Peru.
- Advised an oil and gas company based in Bahrain on the development of an offshore pipeline as part of a de-bottleneck gas distribution network project and the provision of non-associated gas compression services in Bahrain.
- Advised a state-owned company in Myanmar on the development of an exploration block in Myanmar.
M.B.A., Legal Services, BPP Business School, 2015
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2013
LL.M., International Law, University College London, 2012
Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law London, 2011
B.Sc., International Relations, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010
England and Wales
The London office of international law firm Haynes and Boone, LLP has advised KX Power Limited on its joint venture with BlackRock Real Assets to develop a pipeline of UK grid-connected battery storage projects. The joint venture includes an initial commitment to support the build out of up to 2GWh (Gigawatt hours) of battery storage assets across the UK enabling enough renewables generation build [...]