Mei Zhang is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Mei practiced law in China in the areas of real estate, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments, joint ventures and corporate law. She worked at a major international law firm in Beijing and one of the biggest U.S. asset investment and management companies in Shanghai.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “International Franchising: Food Safety and Vicarious Liability in China,” author, ABA Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 35, No. 1, Summer 2015; 2015 Rising Scholar Award.
- “Sponsor Due Diligence in Initial Public Offerings in Hong Kong: A Review of the New Regulatory Standards,” author, OSPS, Center for Advanced Due Diligence Studies, Spring 2015 Edition.
- Advised a major U.S. financial institution on lending a construction loan of $55 million to a hotel developer.
- Advised a financial institution on borrowing a non-revolving loan of $35 million from a major U.S. bank.
- Advised a foreign investment fund on acquisition and financing of an apartment complex of 200+ units.
- Advised a financial institution on restructuring loans secured by borrower’s 20+ healthcare centers portfolio.
- Advised a leading real estate developer on acquisition of mixed-use property project consisting of a five-star hotel and 19 retail buildings.
- Advised a European fund on acquisition of a mixed-use property project consisting of serviced apartments, office towers, and a retail center.
- Advised a multinational telecommunication company on sale of substantial assets of a telecommunication joint venture.
- Advised an international air cargo company on acquisition of equity share of a state-owned air cargo company.
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2015, cum laude
LL.B., Wuhan University School of Law, 1999
LL.M., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2009, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partner Keenan Kolendo assisted client HALL Structured Finance in closing a $55 million loan to finance construction of a Hyatt resort hotel and retail project in Palm Springs, California. The 150-room Hyatt Andaz hotel and retail project, which is being developed by Rael Development Corp., is expected to open by January 2019 in downtown Palm Springs. Haynes and [...]