Technology Contracts Litigation
Successful resolution of technology related disputes requires lawyers who understand technology. Our deep understanding of a wide range of technologies enables us to serve clients in commercial disputes in a variety of industries, including banking, consumer products, energy, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, software, information technology, transportation, and utilities. Many of our attorneys hold degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, biology, chemistry and other relevant fields.
Whether you are a multinational corporation, mid-sized company, or emerging business, our team will gain an understanding of your business objectives and seek to achieve an amicable solution if possible. And, in those instances where an amicable resolution cannot be achieved, we develop persuasive trial themes that present complex technology and disputed facts in a straightforward and compelling manner.
Using that approach, we have compiled a track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients through settlement or by verdict, in federal and state courts, foreign jurisdictions and before arbitration panels.
- Represented technology service provider in Contract Dispute
Successfully represented a cloud solutions provider in a breach of contract lawsuit for non-payment of fees. The Judge found in favor of our client, awarding the unpaid fees plus attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Represented a cyber-safety software provider in Contract Dispute
Successfully represented a cyber-safety software and service provider in an AAA arbitration for alleged breach of restrictive covenant in a patent and software license agreement. The Arbitrator found in our client’s favor, holding the restrictive covenant unenforceable under Virginia law.
- Represented a developer in a software Contract Dispute
Successfully represented developer in a breach of software contract lawsuit. Our client obtained a favorable settlement after a retained document examiner opined that our client’s alleged signatures on the agreements in dispute were not genuine.
- Represented a developer of desiccant de-humidification systems in Contract Dispute
Successfully represented a developer of patented desiccant de-humidification system in a license dispute before AAA.
- Represented a developer of network video and motion detection systems in Contract Dispute
Successfully represented developer of network video and motion detection systems in defeating a request for a preliminary injunction sought by licensee.
- Represented a life insurance company in software Contract Dispute
Successfully obtained a favorable settlement for a publicly traded telecommunications company in a software performance case against a worldwide software developer.
- Represented a U.S. client against Scottish company in on-line educational materials Contract Dispute
Successfully represented U.S. client in defending against alleged breach of license agreement concerning on-line educational materials.
- Represented major car rental company in software Contract Dispute
Successfully defended major car rental company in breach of software license dispute.
- Managing liabil-I.T. - the construction of limitation clauses in IT services contracts, June 26, 2023
- The Shifting Legal Landscape Surrounding Web Scraping – Recent Developments, October 25, 2021
- The Ninth Circuit Rejects LinkedIn's Efforts to Block Web-Scraping of Member Public Profiles, October 21, 2019
The judgment of Mr Justice Waksman in Drax Energy Solutions Limited v. Wipro Limited  EWHC 1342 TCC considered a limitation of liability clause in a contract for the supply of software services. The case serves to emphasise that parties to software supply agreements, and indeed contracting commercial parties generally, should ensure that such clauses are carefully drafted to avoid disputes a [...]