Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Employing our resources in government investigations and litigation, regulatory compliance, corporate securities, government contracting, and mergers and acquisitions, we regularly assist clients in complying with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and anti-corruption regulations worldwide. Our practice provides a comprehensive collection of services to address business corruption, including preventative counseling, investigative analysis, and representation in enforcement settings. We draw on our attorneys’ extensive experience in private practice and government service to advise clients, and we utilize our foreign offices in China and Latin America to provide insight and assistance when appropriate.
- We counsel domestic and foreign companies in technology, energy, and other industry sectors with respect to corruption issues that arise in operations and transactions worldwide, including Latin America, South America, Asia, West Africa, and the Middle East.
- We conduct internal investigations to allegations of corrupt payments and violations of accounting standards and advise clients on the legal implications of the investigative findings.
- We assist in the implementation and review of anti-corruption compliance programs, including internal corporate training, third-party due diligence, financial controls, and other risk mitigation measures.
- We represent clients in civil and criminal proceedings brought by the SEC and the Department of Justice for alleged violations of the FCPA.
- We counsel buyers and sellers in mergers or acquisitions including performing due diligence, resolving FCPA issues and implementing risk mitigation measures.
- We request on behalf of clients advisory opinions of the U.S. Department of Justice concerning compliance with the FCPA.
Nick Bunch, a former federal prosecutor who tried more than 25 cases involving a wide variety of white-collar fraud, has joined Haynes and Boone, LLP as a partner in the White Collar and Government Investigations Practices. During his 11 years at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of Texas in Dallas, Nick has served in multiple leadership roles, including a recent stint as Deputy [...]
Nicholas Bunch, Ashley Koos Author Article in Texas Lawbook: ‘The Use (or Abuse?) of the Mail and Wire Fraud Statutes’November 30, 2022