Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Employing our resources in government investigations and litigation, regulatory compliance, corporate securities, government contracting, and mergers and acquisitions, we regularly assist clients in complying with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and anti-corruption regulations worldwide. Our practice provides a comprehensive collection of services to address business corruption, including preventative counseling, investigative analysis, and representation in enforcement settings. We draw on our attorneys’ extensive experience in private practice and government service to advise clients, and we utilize our foreign offices in China and Latin America to provide insight and assistance when appropriate.
- We counsel domestic and foreign companies in technology, energy, and other industry sectors with respect to corruption issues that arise in operations and transactions worldwide, including Latin America, South America, Asia, West Africa, and the Middle East.
- We conduct internal investigations to allegations of corrupt payments and violations of accounting standards and advise clients on the legal implications of the investigative findings.
- We assist in the implementation and review of anti-corruption compliance programs, including internal corporate training, third-party due diligence, financial controls, and other risk mitigation measures.
- We represent clients in civil and criminal proceedings brought by the SEC and the Department of Justice for alleged violations of the FCPA.
- We counsel buyers and sellers in mergers or acquisitions including performing due diligence, resolving FCPA issues and implementing risk mitigation measures.
- We request on behalf of clients advisory opinions of the U.S. Department of Justice concerning compliance with the FCPA.
A longtime advocate for the disadvantaged, Haynes and Boone, LLP Senior Counsel Barry McNeil will receive The Center for American and International Law (CAIL) award for Achievement in the Pursuit of Justice for All during a virtual award ceremony on Wednesday, May 19. CAIL is an international nonprofit organization that addresses the needs of the global justice system. The Award for Achievement i [...]