In Texas, Chambers ranked the firm Band 4 in Corporate/M&A: The Elite, stating that Haynes Boone’s Corporate Strategic M&A Group is known for its “deep bench with a client base including major corporations and private equity groups.” Chambers further noted that the group is “well versed in representing clients in the energy, chemicals and food and beverage sectors, among other fields.”
In Colorado, Haynes Boone likewise ranked Band 4 in Corporate/M&A. Chambers shared direct praise from market sources about the firm’s M&A capabilities:
• "The firm always brings the right skills to the table."
• "Its lawyers are always available and responsive."
• "The commercial awareness is the best part of the team, its lawyers really know how to get things completed."
Several Haynes Boone M&A lawyers were also included in this year’s guide:
Chambers highlighted firm Co-Founder and Senior Counsel Mike Boone, stating: “Michael Boone has a longstanding corporate practice and is highly experienced across the full spectrum of transactional work.”
Associate Brent Beckert was also individually recognized for his work with clients in a range of sectors on complex transactional matters. As one source stated:
• "He is a terrific professional service adviser."
Partner Daniel Malone, who is Managing Partner of the firm’s Denver office, was recognized for his “growing reputation for his corporate practice,” according to Chambers, which noted that he “regularly advises on M&A transactions in the technology and food and beverage industries.”
Other sources commented:
• "Dan is unique in his ability to understand the practical dynamics of a business and balance those with legal concerns in his approach."
• "Dan is a true professional. His experience is only trumped by his ability to explain complex business and legal situations in a pedestrian manner. He makes sure his clients are prepared and informed heading into every situation."
Haynes Boone’s M&A lawyers have comprehensive experience handling middle market deals (including in the insurance industry), having helped clients close more than 500 transactions in the last five years, with an aggregate value exceeding $40 billion. The group routinely represents private equity firms, closely held corporations, founders, large financial institutions, and Fortune 500 public companies.