Annie Allison is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP where she helps clients to obtain, enforce, and leverage their valuable intellectual property assets.
Annie provides a broad range of transactional and litigation IP legal services including trademark prosecution, copyright clearance and registration, rights enforcement strategies, brand management and licensing for media, entertainment, fashion and technology companies.
Annie counsels clients on the management and enforcement of global trademark portfolios, represents clients in TTAB proceedings and related negotiations, and advises and assists on trademark-related issues in M&A transactions and corporate due diligence. She also counsels clients on advertising and social media issues as well as privacy and consumer protection matters and related regulatory compliance issues, including COPPA, GDPR and CCPA.
A former TV news producer and reporter, Annie advises on a variety of media and entertainment related matters, including brand licensing, merchandising, music licensing and royalty streams, television and film rights agreements (for both traditional and new media), book and film option rights, and rights of publicity issues related to film and television projects. She also assists clients with technology and intellectual property-related business transactions, including software development and licensing agreements and services agreements.
- Washington Super Lawyers IP Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020
Professional and Community Activities
- International Trademark Association, Pro-Bono Trademark Clearinghouse member attorney
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. Trademark Committee member; Women in IP Law Committee member
Selected Client Representations
- Represented HD Nursing LLC affiliate, Health Sense Ai Inc., in its acquisition of Prevention Plus LLC
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “Hey! That’s My move! Copyright, Fortnite and the Ability to Protect How You Shake Your Groove Thing,” author, The Intellectual Property Strategist, May 2019.
- "Social Media Issues in Technotainment," presenter, PLI’s Technotainment, 2017.
- “Supreme Court to Slants: “Rock On!” Trademark Ban on Offensive Trademarks Held Unconstitutional,” author, Corporate Counsel, July 2017.
B.A., Broadcast Journalism, Brigham Young University,
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2014, Editorial Board Member, Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Arts
LL.M., Intellectual Property, University of Washington School of Law, 2017
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
View the PDF version of the July 2021 IP Beacon. Jason Bloom, Annie Allison and Abbey Gauger in Law360: ‘Texas Ruling Shows Weight of State Immunity in IP Claims’ On June 18, the Texas Supreme Court held that a governmental unit's copyright infringement does not qualify as a constitutional taking in the matter of Jim Olive Photography, dba Photolive Inc. v. University of Houston System. However, t [...]