Annie Allison is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP where she helps clients to obtain, enforce, and leverage their valuable intellectual property assets.
Annie provides a broad range of transactional and litigation IP legal services including trademark prosecution, copyright clearance and registration, rights enforcement strategies, brand management and licensing for media, entertainment, fashion and technology companies.
Annie counsels clients on the management and enforcement of global trademark portfolios, represents clients in TTAB proceedings and related negotiations, and advises and assists on trademark-related issues in M&A transactions and corporate due diligence. She also counsels clients on advertising and social media issues as well as privacy and consumer protection matters and related regulatory compliance issues, including COPPA, GDPR and CCPA.
A former TV news producer and reporter, Annie advises on a variety of media and entertainment related matters, including brand licensing, merchandising, music licensing and royalty streams, television and film rights agreements (for both traditional and new media), book and film option rights, and rights of publicity issues related to film and television projects. She also assists clients with technology and intellectual property-related business transactions, including software development and licensing agreements and services agreements.
- Washington Super Lawyers IP Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020
Professional and Community Activities
- International Trademark Association, Pro-Bono Trademark Clearinghouse member attorney
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. Trademark Committee member; Women in IP Law Committee member
Selected Client Representations
- Represented HD Nursing LLC affiliate, Health Sense Ai Inc., in its acquisition of Prevention Plus LLC
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “Hey! That’s My move! Copyright, Fortnite and the Ability to Protect How You Shake Your Groove Thing,” author, The Intellectual Property Strategist, May 2019.
- "Social Media Issues in Technotainment," presenter, PLI’s Technotainment, 2017.
- “Supreme Court to Slants: “Rock On!” Trademark Ban on Offensive Trademarks Held Unconstitutional,” author, Corporate Counsel, July 2017.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023
B.A., Broadcast Journalism, Brigham Young University
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2014, Editorial Board Member, Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Arts
LL.M., Intellectual Property, University of Washington School of Law, 2017
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partners Sakina Rasheed Foster and Paul Amiel represented Tuesday Morning Corporation in the closing of a strategic transaction to secure $35 million in convertible debt financing. The transaction includes a $32 million investment from a special purpose vehicle formed by Ayon Capital, L.L.C. and Retail Ecommerce Ventures LLC, the owner of consumer brands such [...]