Haynes and Boone, LLP is featured in the 2023 edition of Latin Lawyer 250, a ranking by Law Business Research of the leading law firms doing business in Latin America.
Haynes Boone is ranked as a “recommended firm” for its work in Corporate, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and Energy.
“Haynes and Boone’s offering in Latin America is not concentrated in the energy sector and is highly regarded across a range of industries,” said the editors of the latest Latin Lawyer 250. “The firm is notable for helping clients navigate and complete some of the most ambitious and challenging projects involving transportation, real estate and infrastructure. Lawyers here boast experience across virtually all Latin American and Caribbean markets, and the firm stands out from its peers for also having extensive aviation experience. The Mexico City office, where the firm has held a presence for over 25 years as Haynes and Boone, SC, has been key to the success of the firm.”
Latin Lawyer also noted that Haynes Boone’s “London office has strength in shipbuilding and the offshore oil and gas sectors. It also provides a platform for the Latin America practice to work with European clients.”
The below lawyers were all featured as key lawyers in the 2023 directory:
- Patricia Mastropierro: Patricia is a member of the International Practice Group and has significant experience in international aviation matters, representing one of the biggest U.S. airlines and its regional airlines in more than 35 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Larry Pascal: Larry serves as the chair of the Americas Practice Group and co-chair of the International Practice Group. He brings more than 25 years of experience to his work advising companies on cross-border transactions, workouts, and disputes. He has extensive experience in the real estate, energy and infrastructure, agribusiness, financial services, technology, and aviation sectors.
- Alberto de la Peña: Alberto is head the firm’s Mexico and International Practice Groups and a member of the Board of Directors. He is licensed to practice law in Mexico, Texas and New York, with more than 28 years of experience advising companies doing business in Mexico and Latin America.
- Ricardo Garcia-Moreno: Ricardo is the Administrative Partner of the firm’s Houston office and brings more than 28 years of experience to U.S., European and Latin American clients related to domestic and international transactions, including cross-border M&A transactions, private equity investments, joint ventures, and securities matters.
- Gil Porter: As co-chair of the Global Projects Practice Group, Gil is known as a pioneer in handling innovative, “first-of-its-kind” international financial transactions.
- Hunt Buckley: Based in Mexico City, Hunt has more than 30 years of experience in international and domestic transactions, focused primarily on the energy industry, among others.
- Eduardo Corzo: Based in Mexico City, Eduardo is a transactional lawyer with extensive experience in energy, maritime law, finance, real estate, and corporate/ M&A.
Haynes and Boone, SC, the firm’s Mexico City affiliate, was likewise included in the Latin Lawyer 250 directory.
Haynes and Boone, LLP is an international corporate law firm with offices in Texas, New York, California, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C., London, Mexico City and Shanghai, providing a full spectrum of legal services in energy, technology, financial services and private equity. With 600 lawyers, Haynes Boone is ranked among the largest U.S.-based firms by The National Law Journal, The American Lawyer and The Lawyer. It was recognized in the BTI Consulting Group’s 2022 “A-Team” report, which identifies the law firms that in-house counsel commend for providing superior client service.