Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
Entrepreneurs and emerging companies need legal counsel that cares about their success as much as they do. We’re not just lawyers to our clients; we’re their strategic partners, dedicated to the successful launch, growth or financing of their businesses. What we want most is for you to accomplish your vision, whatever it may be. To make that happen, we commit ourselves to finding new ways to help you build the right relationships and pursue exciting new opportunities.
Venture funds and other investors turn to us for representation and guidance at all stages, from the structuring, negotiating and closing of all forms of equity and/or debt financings, through IPOs, mergers, sale of stakes and changes in control. We take care along the way, guiding our clients to avoid costly mistakes that could ultimately prevent them from raising money or achieving an exit
Early-stage companies, startups, and emerging companies appreciate our practical legal advice on a range of matters, including:
- Entity formation, including strategy and structure for corporations, LLCs and other types of entities that best meet our clients’ specific goals
- Fundraising and financing strategies, such as preferred stock, SAFEs and/or convertible debt, and other types of financing
- Negotiating, drafting and executing commercial agreements, business transactions and technology licenses
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers and acquisitions transactions and sales of businesses
- Other matters, including corporate issues related to IP and tech strategies, matters of equity compensation and associated plans, and even litigation
Startups, venture funds and other investors and investment management clients rely on us for help with a variety of matters, including:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting angel, seed and venture capital investments in areas such as technology and life sciences startups, including the healthtech, agtech and fintech sectors
- Investments in established as well as cutting-edge technologies, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, autonomous vehicles, augmented and artificial reality, data, biotech and many more
- Securities, corporate, tax, intellectual property, contracts and employment law issues
- The formation of angel and venture funds for U.S. and foreign investors
We are a trusted partner at all stages of investment, and the go-to source for practical advice on securities, corporate, tax, intellectual property, contracts and employment law issues. We understand your commitment to brand alignment, knowledge transfer, innovation and build-to-buy strategies, and our experience enables us to close your deals quickly and efficiently. We are committed to your vision and will always look for new ways to help you build the right relationships and realize greater opportunities.
Thrive Global interviewed Haynes and Boone, LLP Partner Roger Royse for an article about what it takes to become a “top lawyer” in a particular field of law. Thrive Global is a New York-based company that provides behavior change technology. Its mission is to end stress and burnout by offering sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance both well-being and performance. Below is an excerpt: Th [...]