Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
As Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (“SPACs”) remain the latest fast-growing trend in the capital markets arena, Haynes and Boone is poised to help clients explore this alternative vehicle used for accessing public markets. A multidisciplinary team of our lawyers from across the firm’s Capital Markets and Securities, M&A, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Finance and Tax Practices is prepared to assist private company owners, SPACs, their sponsors, underwriters, investors and initial business combination targets in any stage of the SPAC lifecycle, including:
- SPAC formation and Initial Public Offerings
- De-SPAC transactions
- Private Investment in a Public Entity (“PIPE”) investments
- Before and after SPAC business transitions
Your business isn’t cookie-cutter and the advice you receive shouldn’t be either. Our team understands that unique challenges and opportunities exist for each entity exploring SPAC transactions, and our tailored approach provides our clients a competitive advantage. Our experience includes assisting clients across a variety of industries, with recent transactions including:
- Representing WinVest Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: WINVU), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its $115 million initial public offering
- Representing special purpose acquisition company Globis Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: GLAQ), in its $115 million initial public offering
- Representing Landry’s, Inc., a multi-brand dining, hospitality, entertainment and gaming corporation, in the sale of Golden Nugget Online Gaming to Landcadia Holdings II, Inc. (now named Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc., Nasdaq: GNOG), a SPAC, in a de-SPAC transaction with an Up-C structure valued at $745 million.
- Representing Stratos Management Systems Holdings, LLC in a $65 million de-SPAC transaction involving the sale of Computex Technology Solutions to American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVCT)
We can help you bring your vision to fruition, with personalized service and experienced advisors to guide you, whether beginning your initial exploration into this new area or fully emerged in a complex matter.
By now everyone has heard of the use of SPACS to access the public markets. A SPAC, or special purpose acquisition company, is a company that raises money to acquire a private company. Since the SPAC has no financial history, early investors do not know in advance what company they will be investing in, but usually expect that the target will be in a specific industry. Recently, several large foo [...]