Haynes and Boone, LLP is featured in the 23rd edition of Latin Lawyer 250, a ranking by Law Business Research of the leading law firms doing business in Latin America.
Haynes Boone is ranked as “highly recommended” for its work in three areas: Aviation, Corporate and M&A, and Energy.
Haynes Boone is “well regarded across a range of industries and sectors in Latin America, which differentiates it from those Texan rivals who have stuck closely to energy work. While energy is of course important to Haynes and Boone, corporate, restructuring and real estate are all core areas too,” said the editors of Latin Lawyer 250. “Among its peers, Haynes and Boone stands out for having extensive aviation experience in Latin America, representing some of the largest airlines, investors, manufacturers and service providers on a broad range of matters.”
The editors also noted the “positive feedback” from clients about Haynes Boone’s Latin America capabilities, including the “lawyers’ professionalism, attention and availability.”
The below lawyers were all featured as key lawyers in the 23rd edition of Latin Lawyer 250:
- Larry Pascal: Larry serves as the chair of the Americas Practice Group and co-chair of the International Practice Group. He brings more than 25 years of experience to his work advising companies on cross-border transactions, workouts, and disputes. He has extensive experience in the real estate, energy and infrastructure, agribusiness, financial services, technology, and aviation sectors.
- Alberto de la Peña: Alberto head the firm’s Mexico and International Practice Groups and is a member of the Board of Directors. He is licensed to practice law in Mexico, Texas and New York, with more than 26 years of experience in advising companies doing business in Mexico and Latin America.
- Patricia Mastropierro: Patricia is a member of the International Practice Group and has significant experience in international aviation matters, representing the biggest U.S. airlines and its regional airlines in more than 35 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Ricardo Garcia-Moreno: Ricardo brings more than 26 years of experience to U.S., European and Latin American clients in connection with a range of domestic and international transactions, including cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and securities matters.
- Gil Porter: Gil is co-chair of the Global Projects Practice Group and is known as a pioneer in handling innovative, “first-of-its-kind” international financial transactions.
- Giorgio Bovenzi: Giorgio leads the Global Credit Risk Management Practice and advises clients on commercial, banking, and insolvency law in the context of financial market transactions across multiple jurisdictions.
- Hunt Buckley: Based in Mexico City, Hunt has more than 30 years of experience in international and domestic transactions, focused primarily on the energy industry, among others.
- Eduardo Corzo: Based in Mexico City, Eduardo is a transactional lawyer with more than 15 years of practice in energy, maritime law, finance, real estate and corporate/ M&A.
Haynes and Boone, SC, the firm’s Mexico City affiliate, was likewise included in the Latin Lawyer 250 directory.
Haynes and Boone, LLP is an international corporate law firm with offices in Texas, New York, California, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C., London, Mexico City and Shanghai, providing a full spectrum of legal services in energy, technology, financial services and private equity. With 600 lawyers, Haynes Boone is ranked among the largest U.S.-based firms by The National Law Journal, The American Lawyer and The Lawyer. It was recognized for excellence in the BTI Consulting Group’s 2021 “A-Team” report, which identifies the law firms that in-house counsel commend for providing superior client service.