The Haynes and Boone Environmental Practice Group takes a hands-on approach to environmental law, often working onsite with our clients at their refineries, chemical plants or manufacturing facilities. We know how to close deals, negotiate with government regulatory agencies and litigate. The environmental community in general – and regulatory agencies in particular – respect our reputation for high-quality work, our credibility, our professional contributions to the practice of environmental law, and the caliber of the clients we represent.
A range of businesses, from mid-sized regional operations to large global Fortune 50 companies, rely on us for our practical business advice. They seek our assistance with:
- Environmental litigation, including criminal as well as civil and administrative enforcement actions, citizen enforcement actions, and administrative appeals and rulemaking
- Regulatory advice on both ongoing operations and those associated with the construction of new facilities and modifications of existing facilities
- Agency rulemaking and policy development
- Environmental policies, management programs and crisis response
- Environmental aspects of corporate disclosures made under other governmental regulatory programs, such as those of the SEC and FTC
- Streamlining due diligence procedures
- Environmental risks, including those related to climate change, and creative and cost-effective ways to manage and insure against those risks
To assemble the best teams, we frequently collaborate with client representatives, consultants, investment advisors, environmental lawyers from other jurisdictions and lawyers in other practice areas, both inside and outside our firm. The work we’ve done for our clients is a proven example of our ability to successfully solve some of the most complicated environmental issues arising from client business operations. It’s our job to help clients react to unexpected developments and address rapid change in an often unpredictable landscape.
Five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are featured in the Lawdragon 500 directory of standout environmental lawyers in the United States. Lawdragon selected the 500 honorees through submissions, journalistic research, and editorial vetting from a board of the honorees’ peers. The following lawyers were included this year: Partner Ann Al-Bahish – Environmental Litigation Ann litigates environmental an [...]