Successfully navigating distressed situations requires lawyers who not only know the law, but also understand your business. Our team has seen and done it all, having worked on cases from every side of the docket. We also get to know your business inside and out so we can chart a path of practical solutions to achieve your objectives. With a national presence and a deep bench in every area of restructuring, we’ll become a natural extension of your experienced and focused in-house team and a go-to source for advice and counsel on the things that matter most to your success.
We’re a one-stop shop, handling issues in large and complex out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 reorganization cases for both debtors and lenders. Clients rely on our deep understanding of the day-to-day operational and financial issues impacting their companies as well as the economic and political trends that affect virtually every industry, including oil and gas, real estate, metals and mining, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, healthcare, homebuilding, restaurant and retail, and technology. We take the time to understand the dynamics of the reorganization process from each constituent's point of view to achieve the best outcome.
Our clients include more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, many major foreign companies and large financial institutions. Our strengths include:
- Advising boards of directors of distressed and failing companies
- Representing debtors, creditors’ committees, senior debt holders, subordinated debt holders, ad hoc groups of creditors and equity security holders
- Representing administrative agents and lenders in syndicated loan facilities
- Representing buyers in distressed M&A transactions
- Representing operating and liquidation trustees
- Representing key suppliers, landlords and tenants of distressed retail and manufacturing companies
- Handling complex litigation in bankruptcy and federal district courts
With us, you’ll have access to partners and counsel that have been practicing for an average of 30 years or more and a dedicated team of well-trained and mentored associates. We take a creative and all-inclusive approach, working with talented lawyers from our firm’s other practices to find the best and most unique solutions.
On Jan. 10, 2022, the U.S. Supreme Court granted cert. in Siegel v. Fitzgerald (No. 21-441), which involves the constitutionality of a 2017 federal law increasing the quarterly trustee fees in Chapter 11 bankruptcies. The issue affects virtually every major corporate bankruptcy filed or pending in the first nine months of 2018, with over $324 million at stake for debtors and creditors nationwide. [...]